This dish was prepared for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, where the theme was Peruvian. The first thing I thought when I think of Peruvian was Ceviche and I love it but never made it. Ended up turning out really well.
- Combine tilapia, shrimp, garlic, salt, black pepper, cilantro, habanero pepper, and ghost chili in a large bowl.
- Added enough lime juice to cover all the fish and shrimp.
- Place sliced red onions on the top and let the whole thing in the refrigerator for at least 2 – 3 hours before serving.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash potatoes with a brush and cold water. Dry and then poke about 8 to 12 holes in each potato.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and lightly coat with the canola oil.
- Place the potatoes directly on the middle rack of an oven and use a baking sheet below them to catch the drippings.
- Bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the skin feels crisp but the flesh feels soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the corn; remove the husks and silks from the corn.
- Place the corn in foil and butter corn and add garlic to taste.
- Bake the corn on a baking sheet 25 – 30 minutes.
The ghost chili makes the ceviche quite hot, you may omit this and it will be fine