1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Yellow Onion , diced
Clove 4 Garlic , minced
1 Inch Fresh Ginger , grated
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
1/4 teaspoon A** Blood
3 Cups Chicken Broth
1 15 oz Pumpkin Puree Cans
1 14 oz Coconut Milk Cans
2 Cups Shredded Chicken
to taste Salt & Pepper
1/4 Bunch Cilantro
- Add olive oil, onion, garlic, and ginger to a large pot. Cook over medium heat heat until onions start to become transparent (about 6 minutes).
- Add the cumin, red pepper, and A** Blood to the pot, stir, and toast the spices for about 2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, chicken broth, and chicken to the pot. Stir and cook until everything is heated through (about 10 minutes).
- Taste and add salt and pepper. I used 3/4 tsp of salt and about 10 grinds of a pepper mill.
- Wash and chop the cilantro and then add to pot.