This was for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, where the theme was an ingredient that I hated as a kid. I've never been fond of turkey but the addition of Sriracha and glaze made this delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add the turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, soy sauce, and pepper to a bowl. Peel and grate the ginger and add to the bowl. Slice 3 green onions and add to the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients and shape the mixture into balls.
- Arrange the meatballs on a baking sheet covered in foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, make the glaze and cook the rice.
- In a small pot, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sriracha, and 1/4 cup of water. Heat and stir the glaze mixture over medium heat until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of water and cornstarch. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the pot and let it come up to a simmer.
- Rinse the rice.
- Add water, salt, and rice to the pot.
- Set burner on high and bring to boil. Cover and reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 – 12 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Remove the rice from heat, fluff with a fork, cover, and let sit.
- After the meatballs are finished baking, transfer them to a bowl and pour the glaze over them. Toss the meatballs to coat.
- Serve meatballs over rice and topped with sliced green onions.