This was for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, for the week 37 theme of apples.
2 (3/4 inch) Pork Chops
1/2 teaspoon Canola Oil
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar , plus extra
to taste Salt and Pepper
1/8 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2 Granny Smith Apples , peeled , cored , and sliced
3 Tablespoons Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush pork chops lightly with oil and place in a pan.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add butter to skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook until apples are just tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of pork chops.
- Continue cooking sauce in uncovered skillet, until slightly thickened. Spoon sauce over pork chops and apples.
- Cover pork chops with foil and cook 20 – 25 minutes in heated oven.
- Remove foil and add additional brown sugar and pecans, and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.